free web page creator

FREE Legal Service/chance to Re-instate Suspended/Revoked FL Driver License

November 2017
Dear Community Resident:
If your Florida driver license has been suspended or revoked or canceled, you may qualify to have your driver license “re-instated”.
On December 5, 2017, Broward County is holding its 1st DRIVER LICENSE CLINIC . Read the attached Flyer (click here). Take advantage of this FREE legal service.
Slots are limited – so I strongly encourage you to register EARLY.

Residential  Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights

The Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights Notice to Policyholders:
You, the policyholder have a right to:
1) Receive acknowledgement of their claim within 14 days after the claim was communicated to the insurer.

2) Receive communication from the insurer as to the claim being covered in full, partially covered, or denied, or a written statement that your claim is being investigated, within 30 days after the company receives the policyholders completed proof of loss form.

3) Subject to any dual interest noted in the policy, receive full payment of the claim, the undisputed portion of the claim, or the denial of the claim within 90 days.

4) Free mediation of your disputed claim, offered through the Division of Consumer Services, under most circumstances and subject to certain restrictions.

5) Neutral evaluation of a disputed sinkhole claim if the claim is due to sinkhole damage and is covered under the policy.

6) The availability of assistance with any insurance claim or questions pertaining to the handling of your claim from the Division of Consumer Services. They must provide the direct and toll free number and website of the Division on the notice.

 You are advised to:
1) Contact your insurer before entering into any contract for repairs to confirm any managed repair policy provisions or optional preferred vendors;

2) Complete and document any emergency repairs that are necessary to prevent further damage. Keep all receipts and take photographs of the damage before and after any repairs.

3) Carefully read contracts that require out-of-pocket expenses or a fee that is based on a percentage of the insurance proceeds that you will receive for repairing or replacing your property;

4) Confirm that contractors are properly licensed to do business in Florida and check to see if they have any complaints filed against them with the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Contractors should also be asked for references from previous clients. To verify a contractor license, call the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation at 850-487-1395 or visit

5) Require all contractors to provide proof of insurance before starting repairs.

6) Secure your property, turn off gas, water and electricity, and contact the insurance company to provide them a phone number where you can be reached if the damage requires you to leave your home.

Source Florida Statute 627.7142. For more information, contact the Division directly at 1-877-MY-FL-CFO (1-877-693-5236). Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be legal advice.

Hurricane Irma Recovery Relief Information

As we work to recover from the effects of Hurricane Irma, here are some important resources to help you deal with the problems and challenges of rebuilding:  

National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) - Flood Insurance Info; How to File a Claim/ Other Recovery Help/Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA) Program ... Find Assistance/Immediate Needs/Application Checklist/ Assistance by Category

BULK TRASH REMOVAL such as carpeting, mattresses, appliances, tree trimmings etc – Contact the Hauler in your respective City for collection days/times and guidelines. Deerfield Beach (City 954-480-4391); Fort Lauderdale (City 954-765-4999); Lauderdale Lakes (WM 954-974-7500); Lauderhill (WM 954-974-7500); Margate (WM 954-974-7500); North Lauderdale (Waste Pro 954-967-4200); Oakland Park (954-630-4452) Pompano Beach (WM 954-974-7500);Tamarac (WM 954-866-684-3142). Source:
MOSQUITOES – Mosquito Control - Broward County Call 954-765-4062. 954-831-3940 (TTY for hearing impaired) Three Ways to Request Service: Use the online Mosquito Spray Request Form. Mosquito Spray Request FormFrequently Asked Questions
DISPUTE WITH YOUR HOMEOWNER’S INSURANCE COMPANY If you are unable to settle your dispute with your insurance company, you can file a complaint against them. Go to Call 850-413-3140.The Division of Consumer Services is happy to assist you with your insurance questions and concerns or open a formal complaint on your behalf.
DISPUTE WITH HOME REPAIR COMPANIESAlways deal with repair companies and workers that are licensed, bonded, insured and are reputable. If you want to file a complaint against a contractor, architect, engineer, contact the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR). Call 850-487-1395. Go to 
Together, we will rebuild our Community. Together, we will move forward.
Yours in Service,
Paulette V. Armstead
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be legal advice.                   

If you are interested in volunteering or receiving updates about the campaign, please Join Us by filling out our form. Thank You!

Yes, it is official!!!!

I am a Democratic candidate in the 2018 race for Florida House of Representatives, District 92. That district includes most of Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach and Oakland Park, and a few precincts in the cities of North Lauderdale, Lauderhill, Lauderdale Lakes, Margate and Tamarac.

Our incumbent State Representative, Patricia Williams has had 2016 and 2017 to deliver on her campaign promises. Unfortunately, she has not delivered. District 92 deserves better. I am a better choice of candidate. I am already at work in District 92. I am delivering programs that are improving the quality of life for our residents. My programs and projects are connecting hundreds of our residents to healthcare services; to jobs and job training etc. However, our District needs a whole lot more. We need my advocacy skills and my strong voice in Tallahassee.

So what can you do??  You can support my campaign. You can make a financial contribution today (click on Contribution button). And if you or your family/friends are registered to vote in District 92, you can give me your VOTE. Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,

Paulette V. Armstead Election Committee Contact 

 Don't hesitate to contact us!



401 E Las Olas Blvd
STE 130-720 
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301